Thursday, July 15, 2010

Free to Be ... You and Me? Uh, Not So Much

Jeez, I just love the Teabaggers. They are a never-ending source of humor and amazement to me.

Take this recent example:

One thing I like to say is: America is great, not because of our genetics. We're great because we created a place and space where people can be free. And they can choose Christ, they can choose to be faithful. They can worship, and they find their way to the Lord. And -- or some of them don't. We sure want them all to, but some of them don't.
Part of that freedom -- when you take a government and you impose, and take away all your choices. One of the choices you take away is to find the Lord. And to find your savior.
And that's one of the things that's most destructive about the growth of government. It's this taking away of that freedom. The freedom -- the ultimate freedom, to find your salvation, to get your salvation. And to find Christ, for me and you.
And I think that's one of the things that we have to be very, very aware of. That the Obama Administration and Congressman Carnahan are doing to us.
The speaker? A dickwad graduate of Glenn Beck U. named Ed Martin, who is running, as a Republican (never saw that coming, did you?), for the US House in Missouri's Third District.

Martin goes out of his way to try to erect a "wall of separation" between himself and the GOP, though. "I'm not running to be a Republican in Congress, I'm running to be in Congress," he said. His campaign website featured teabaggers carrying signs calling Obama the usual litany of names, including Marxist and Dictator.

TPM has the whole story.

[HT to Teaparty Jesus for the story.]

2 Comments:

linda said...

I love your blog. I'm sure I've already made this comment, but I had to say it again. I particularly liked "never saw that coming..." Geez. These people. Geez, again.

Farnsworth68 said...

Thank you, Linda. Everyone else, be sure to check out her blog, Linda Without Borders.
-- The F Man