Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Damn Those Gay Penguins Anyway!

I swear you can't make this shit up. A library in Loudon, Virginia, has removed from the children's library section a children's book called And Tango Makes Three.

Because the book is about -- gasp! -- two male penguins who hatch an egg and parent a chick.

Never mind that this is something that actually happens in the wild, that those precious little innocent eyes can see on, say, the Nature Channel, Animal Planet or National Geographic.

Never mind that this is based on the story of two real-life penguins at New York's Central Park Zoo.

Never mind that this is a heart-warming story about love and family and making it together in the cold world.

No, exactly one snippy parent complained, and suddenly the book was taken off the shelves. All because it promotes that terrible "homosexual agenda" -- whatever the fuck that is. The gay people that I know have pretty much the same agenda as me: Food, clothing, shelter, friends, family, happiness. You know, all that stuff that "real men" or "real women" apparently eschew in their rush to be oh-so-NOT-gay.

Give me a break. Give me a fucking break.

4 Comments:

billie said...

we should all go out and buy a copy of the book.

Anonymous said...

Well, it could have been worse Farns... In the story, the gay penguins could have been praying at school... then the book could have been banned by democrats and republicans alike ;)

fjb said...

I agree with betmo! OMFG, how much longer do we have to endure this anally retentive behavior? "terrible homo-sexual agenda" for christ's sake, you stunned.... Oh, I'd better stop. I promised myself I wouldn't feel incredibly disappointed in a single one of my brothers and sisters in the human race today.

Anonymous said...

Ban a book, burn a book, invoke salvery... sounds like the good old pratices at work to supress the common man.

I will look into purchasing a copy too.