Thursday, June 07, 2007

A Pardon for Libby? James Carville Says So, Too.

In the cascade of letters written by the big names on the Right (Donnie Rumsfeld, Henry Kissinger, et al), the best one came from Mary Matalin, who pleaded that we "think of the children". Not just the Libby children, but alse her children and everyone else's children.

Think of the children? What the fuck is up with that? Yeah, I believe we ought to think of the children, and let this be an object lesson to them: If you lie under oath, you will be punished.

And sadly, James Carville(!) also signed Mad Mary's letter. Now that's just fucked. What happened to our favorite Ragin' Cajun? Does Mary have him whipped to the point where he'll do anything she says? Did she threaten to cut him off?

That relationship has always bothered me (I can't imagine sitting down across the breakfast table with someone who disagrees with me on each and every belief that I have -- let alone someone who is a willing mouthpiece for Darth Cheney) and maybe now we're seeing reality.

Maybe James Carville was never a progressive -- just an opportunistic hack who played one on tv.

Think about it.

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

Et tu, James????
I just heard about this while listening to Air America this morning. It's a good thing I was walking and not driving, or I would have driven right off the road.
I first assumed this had to be some kind of Internet hoax, but after checking the authenticity in a few places, I was stunned that it is apparently true.
That must have been one hell of a blow job she gave him for signing.
Ewwwww....
It's one thing to have dissenting views on issues within our own party, but this a deal breaker for me. I guess he'll be golfing with Joe Leiberman next. Any ideas on how we can let him know how we feel? Not that it matters. As far as I'm concerned, it's "James who???" from now on.
He's just not credible after this.