Monday, March 09, 2015

Monday Music Break: Blackbirds

Here are Voices on the Verge from their only album, Live in Philadelphia, with "Blackbirds":


I first heard these "girls" on a low-watt indie station out of Philly while I was driving up rural Clark's Valley, in Eastern Pennsylvania a few years back. I had no way to write down who they were or the name of the song, and I had a hell of time after I got home trying to find out more. But find them I did, and bought their album on CD ("buying an album", even on CD, sounds so quaint, so ... I don't know, "yesterday"...). I haven't regretted it.

7 Comments:

double nickel said...

Hmm. Says the video is not available.

Farnsworth68 said...

Hmmm. It's working now. It must have been a temporary glitch.

double nickel said...

Nope. Maybe blocked in Canada? Stranger things have happened.

Farnsworth68 said...

Now that's weird... Can you view it here or here? Those are both direct links to it on YouTube.

double nickel said...

Nope. I can go in through my own You Tube link and get one tune from the album, but all the others are blocked. Must be something in how they set up their upload?

Farnsworth68 said...

Wow. I have no idea... Is this the only YouTube embed on this site that you are having trouble with?

double nickel said...

Yep