Monday, March 02, 2015

Looking Into Putin's Soul?

I wonder how The Smirking Chimp (aka George "Dubya" Bush) feels now about that rash statement he made way back when, when he said about Vladimir Putin, "I looked the man in the eye. I found him to be very straightforward and trustworthy. We had a very good dialogue. I was able to get a sense of his soul; a man deeply committed to his country and the best interests of his country."

It seems to me that you couldn't be more wrong about someone, even if you defended Joe Stalin by saying, I don't know, that he loved his daughter (for the record, she says he didn't).

So how does Dubya feel about that now? Is he willing to admit he was wrong?

You dreamer, of course not.

We have an answer to that very question from the wingnut media. Just as they always have, they are falling all over themselves to shore up the reputation of their Second Savior (the first being St. Ronald, bless-ed be his nayummmm).

According to the Daily Caller blog, Bush now "thinks" that Putin became "a different person".

Mmmmmmm-kayyyyyy...

It's not at all clear who Putin has become in Bush's "mind". Maybe Phil the Prince of Insufficient Light, since we are sure that W. would never be taken in by an actual Agent of Darkness.

Anyway, it just goes to show you that a con man is actually the easiest one to con (see for example, Magic in the Moonlight, the latest film from Woody Allen). Bush, with his True Believer personality, was eager to see into Putin's "soul", and all it took was a couple of throwaway lines about Putin's mother and the piece of the "one true cross" (or something like that) to convince Dubya that Putin was another "man of god". Like himself.

Speaking of Dubya, he came up in a Listverse post the other day, 10 Events We Can’t Figure Out From The Vietnam War, one of which deals with his "questionable behavior" during the Vietnam War. I have expounded at length on this over the years, so we don't need to go into all that now. You all know the special kind of contempt I feel for him. (Hint: It's because he and Cheney were "chickenhawks".)

I will say, however, that my contempt is tempered -- a little -- by the knowledge that he really couldn't help being so fucked up in the head, what with all that competing-but-always-falling-short relationship with his father and the faulty toilet-training from his mother (think about it). I mean, come on.

If I were just a little more charitable towards him, I'd cut him some slack.

But I am not, and I will never be. Not after 4,491 Americans and an unknown number of Iraqis (estimated as at least 174,000 and likely many more) died as the result of a who's-got-the-biggest-dick contest between him and his dad. I will NEVER forgive him for that.

However, go take a look at the comments section for that Listverse article and see all of the rabid foaming-at-the-mouth wingnuts who are STILL defending the fucker. If you read them all, you'll see that it deteriorates quickly into a "Did not!" "Nyahh, did too!" schoolyard scuffle. Clinton! Obama! Clinton! Obama!

Fuck 'em all. I'm right, they're wrong, and that's the end of that.

That said, I kind of miss the little fucker because I don't have George Bush to kick around any more. Except I do, as evidenced by this post... So there.

1 Comment:

BadTux said...

Shrub doesn't regret anything he said. When he looked into Putin's eyes, he saw a kindred spirit. A stunted, black-hearted spirit, to be sure, but a kindred spirit.