Sunday, March 15, 2015

I'm Back

I'm back in town after a long and tiring weekend away. Everyone is coping as well as can be expected. There was a very nice memorial for Mike, my granddaughter's husband, held at Cathedral Park in Portland OR, one of his favorite places. A lot of his friends were there and were very supportive of my granddaughter and the children.

It's called Cathedral Park because it is under Portland's St. Johns Bridge, one of the most picturesque bridges in the country, if not the world:


As you can see, the bridge was designed in the Gothic style, and from underneath it looks like you are in a Gothic cathedral:


But it was cold and rainy and wet, but fortunately someone thought to bring canopies. Obviously it was someone from Mike's side, since none of us are that aware.

It's a pretty nice park, if you ignore the half-dozen or so Long Island Whitefish in the parking lot...

Anyway, I'm back now. Yesterday's post was one of those write-it-in-advance-and-schedule-it posts that I wrote a couple of weeks ago.

0 Comments: