Thursday, January 20, 2011

Something New: Quote of the Day

I've added another "gadget", this time in the right-hand column, the Quote of the Day.

Every day it will change to another quote from someone famous on the state of things. Note that today's says:

I think on a national level your Department of Law there in the White House would look at some of the things that we've been charged with and automatically throw them out.
-- Sarah Palin
I kinda did it in a hurry so I couldn't take the time to dig out some of the more ludicrous Palinisms, but I'm willing to go back and revisit the Palin file in the future.

Speaking of revisiting, you will get a new quote of the day every day for a month, and then they start recycling themselves. I intend to try to keep it fresh and replace quotes from time to time.

BTW, this is another JavaScript I wrote for work, and happily adapted to this freer (and snarkier) venue. It originally was a "this day in history" kind of thing.

0 Comments: