Wednesday, January 05, 2011

New: The Day Count & a Bumpersticker

If you look in the right-hand column, you'll see a new feature, the Day Count.

I used to be a propeller head/computer geek when I was gainfully employed (before I retired and became an elderly shut-in on a fixed income) and the other day I was looking through some old JavaScript stuff that I wrote when I was working.

This count-up/count-down script caught my eye, and while I wrote it originally for something else entirely (having to do with Unemployment Insurance), I immediately realized that I could adapt it to another purpose.

Which is what I did. Every day you will see a couple of new numbers, one showing the number of days that John Boner Boehner has been Speaker of the House, and asking the rhetorical question, "Where are all of the jobs?"; the other showing the number of days until the next general election, when we will all concentrate on getting out The Base to vote out the Rethug bastards and put the reins of government back in the hands of Liberals.

Towards that end, I also created a new bumpersticker:


Feel free to make one of your own and use it yourself, but I disclaim any responsibility for whatever might happen to you as a result. People don't fuck with me, generally, because they know I am possibly-crazy Vietnam veteran wearing on his Jeep another bumper sticker that tends to keep them at bay.

0 Comments: