Monday, January 17, 2011

Martin Luther King Day

Today is the day we celebrate the life and work of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Given the trying times we've been through the last ten days years or so, I can think of no better way to honor his memory than quoting from his Nobel Prize acceptance speech:

I refuse to accept the cynical notion that nation after nation must spiral down a militaristic stairway into the hell of thermonuclear destruction. I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word in reality. This is why right temporarily defeated is stronger than evil triumphant. I believe that even amid today's mortar bursts and whining bullets, there is still hope for a brighter tomorrow. I believe that wounded justice, lying prostrate on the blood-flowing streets of our nations, can be lifted from this dust of shame to reign supreme among the children of men.

0 Comments: