Wednesday, October 08, 2008

McCain's Anger -- A National Security Issue?

So says Robert Greenwald of Brave New Films with this entry:



It's actually scary to think that this unstable and doddering old man could have his finger on the button. But even more scary is the thought that Sarah Palin would have it if -- when -- Grampaw shuffles off this mortal coil. She's made no secret of the fact that she belongs to a Fundo Xian Third Wave church whose main goal, aside from asserting Dominionism over the United States, is to help bring on the Apocalypse. And what better way to do it than with a few "newkewlar" missiles lobbed into various places in the Middle East?

4 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Man, I need an antacid.

Actually, I have a question for the blogger. :-) Perhaps you've addressed this before, I'm not sure. How did you feel about McCain 8 years ago? I'm 37. 8 years ago I thought McCain would have been great for our country. He was so refreshing, logical and level. I'm shocked at the contrast to how I view him now. I can't figure out if he has changed or if I'm just looking at him through older and wiser eyes than before. He says he hasn't changed, but damn, was I really all that wiggy over this?

Farnsworth68 said...

Actually you are not crazy. Eight years ago we saw a different John McCain, the one who still had principles and scruples, the one who had been savaged by the Rovian scorched-earth political dirty tricks, the one who was still logical and level-headed, the one who still had his soul. And although I wouldn't have actually voted for him in the general election, I was really pulling for him to nail down the nomination in 2000 and keep The Shrub from getting it.
And you know what? I really miss that guy...

Anonymous said...

I too would have voted for McCain 8 years ago but now he so disgusting and scary. As a veteran of Mexican-American descent, I and my entire mix family will be voting for Obama.

Anonymous said...

Crap, Farnsworth. I'm practically teary over your post. I miss 'that guy' too. Seriously. Had it been McCain instead of shrub, I really don't think we would be in Iraq right now. There is no way to know for sure though. I guess there is no sense wondering what could have been.

Thanks for answering.