Thursday, October 23, 2008

Better Than a $400 Haircut

Okay, I've tried to restrain myself from jumping all over the Sarah Palin $150,000 clothes budget, but I just can't help myself.

Jeez, that infamous $400 haircut that sank the campaign of John Edwards is starting to look like a real bargain now.

I guess ole Sarah "hockey-mom I'm-just-one-of-you" Palin just couldn't be seen in the kind of clothes the great unwashed (i.e. the rest of us) have to make do with. You know, off-the-rack stuff from Target and Wal-Mart. Oh nooooo, she has to spend $150,000 at places like Nieman Marcus (aka "Needless Markup") and Saks Fifth Avenue.

But what the hell, it's not like it's HER money. No, this is campaign money from the RNC. If I were some poor schlep who sent a few bucks to the RNC to help elect Grampy McSame, and then I learned that this lipstick-on-a-pig VP candidate squandered this kind of money on fucking clothes, I'd be so goddam pissed off that I would... well, insert your own "I would" here. You know what I mean.

I mean really -- $150,000 for clothes???!!! That's more than I, plus my wife and all my children and grandchildren (and now my great-grandchild) have spent -- or will ever spend -- on clothing in our entire lives!

The fucking nerve of the Rethugs and Grampy McSame, to try to pass that lipstick-on-a-pig skanky-assed hockey-mom off as some kind of working class one-of-us "real" person.

Oh, and all you rightwing knuckledragging mouthbreathing morons who get a big boner just watching her wink at you -- only you! -- on television?

All I have to say is this: I'd rather slam it in a car door.

3 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Farns... If you have something to say, come out and say it. Don't beat around the bush.

Anonymous said...

I cringed on the last comment. but more so on the second to last comment though

jae said...

"All I have to say is this: I'd rather slam it in a car door."

Which is one of the things that has you totally rate on my HERO list.