Monday, August 06, 2007

I'm Back

Okay, it was a little longer than I expected, but after my Friday night retirement party I decided that I would test out the whole retirement concept of Doing Nothing.

Which I did, for nine whole days. I think. Without the stabilizing influence of having to get up and go to work five days a week, I think I lost a day or two in there somewhere.

But now it's Monday and I am secretly -- okay, not so secretly -- smirking at my former fellow employees who had the misfortune of being born too late and having started work too late to join me in retirement.

But there are trade-offs. Instead of dodging the boss at work, I am now dodging She Who Must Be Obeyed, who has the traditional Honey Do list clutched behind her back where she thinks I won't see it.

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

yeah right, I still don't see why a hot babe like your wife married you. She probably beats you in arm wrestling too!

You got it made on the last leg of your life, enjoy the few moments left...