Friday, October 28, 2005

The Libby Squeeze Play

The Scootster is going down! Obstruction of justice and perjury, just for starters. Those charges carry about a 30-year sentence, I believe.

But to my disappointment, Karl Rove was not on the indictment list. Yet.

Here's the deal: I think Fitzgerald is throwing the max at Libby with the idea of squeezing him to give up Rove. There's no fucking way that Rove wasn't involved in this, and with Libby facing what could prove to be the remainder of his life in the graybar hotel, there's a good chance that he's going to sing like a canary.

And he won't be squealing on just Rove. Watch for Cheney to feel the sting of the lash as well. Any bets on him retiring due to "health reasons" in the next few months?

We all need to stay tuned. This could be more fun than Watergate.

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you're right but I think libby is going to play the loyal soldier and protect this WH. He'll fall on his sword and eat the charges--if I may mix metaphors. Sadly, he's a true believer in the Iraq War and does not want to discredit his bosses, especially cheney. This is the guy who helped his bosses neo-CON us into war. I must admit I feel defeated by only one indictment.