You had to know this one was coming. A bunch of wingnuts are now engaged in rewriting their holy bible to give it a more conservative -- a more freemarket -- slant.
As with so many things lately, I thought it was a joke, a parody. But when it comes to the wingnuttery in this country, they are doing so much batshit crazy stuff that it's really hard to come up with something that would clearly be parody. Remember Poe's Law?
You can check this out over at the so-called Conservapedia (I won't provide the link since I don't want to drive up their stats). While they don't specifically say it, I'm sure that they're going to make some major changes to the "red letter" stuff in the New Testament, especially all that wimpy-wussy nancy-boy proto-hippie Jesus crap:
- Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God. [Matthew 5:9]
- Resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also. [Matthew 5:39]
- I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despite-fully use you, and persecute you; [Matthew 5:44]
- If any one of you is without sin, let him be the first to cast a stone at her. [John 8:7]
- Do not judge, lest you too be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. [Matthew 7:1 & 2.]
- Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy [Matthew 5:7]
- But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses. [Matthew 6:15]
- Be on your guard against all kinds of greed; a man's life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions. [Luke 12.15.]
- Truly, I say unto you, it will be hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. [Matthew 19:23]
- You cannot serve both God and Money. [Matthew 6:24.]
- Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's. [Matthew 22:21]
- Love your neighbor as yourself. [Matthew 22:39]
- So in everything, do to others as you would have them do to you. [Matthew 7:12.]
- If you would be perfect, go, sell what you possess and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. [Matthew 19:21]
- But when you give a feast, invite the poor, the maimed, the lame, the blind, and you will be blessed, because they cannot repay you. You will be repaid at the resurrection of the just. [Luke 14:13&14.]
They've gotten away with it this long because I would hazard a guess that upwards of 90% of all professed believers in Christianity have never actually read their holy book.
That aside, it was something that had to happen. Too many people have been pointing out over the years that they are wrong, and all you have to do is look at their bible to prove it. So the obvious answer? If what you are doing and saying contradicts your "holy text", change the text!
It would not surprise me if they came up with an answer to that awkward question, "Who Would Jesus Bomb?"
Iran. Followed by all Muslim infidels. Followed by anyone else they want.
After all, war is good business, and their Jesus will, I am sure, be firmly on the side of Big Business in their new holy writ.