Monday, September 21, 2009

Taking Our Country Back, One Sucky Job at a Time

And it's about fucking time. Now there's a HU-U-U-U-GE movement on the part of Real Americans to stem the tide of illegal immigration by Taking Our Jobs Back.

And I'm talking about REAL jobs, not some layabout medical-insuranced retirement-planned do-nothing getover government job like, say, air traffic controllers or police officers or firefighters. No! We're talking about REAL jobs for REAL people.

Like washing dishes and cleaning toilets and picking lettuce and working on the killing floor in slaughterhouses and shit like that. Now there'll be no more of that waiting "at home on their couches, with an ice-cold Coors, a family-sized bag of Chee-tos and a clicker in their hands as they wait around for the job that never seems to materialize."

No More, I say! And not only No More, but HELLA NO MORE!!!

Thanks to my blog-buddy Alicia over at Last Left Turn Before Hooterville, I just got educated on this whole new movement:

Yes, from the ashes of the failed Minute-Man Movement, the Gimme Back My Job, Dammit Coalition (GBMJ,DC) has risen, and it has spread like wildfire among conservatives sick and tired of illegals taking the jobs from deserving American citizens. No longer content to wait for the government to do it for them, these patriots have taken matters into their own hands. Now they're doing more than just protesting or watching from the sidelines - they're taking back their Constitutional, God-given right to a job. Suddenly, you see them everywhere - on the sidewalk with a leaf-blower strapped to their back, in the parking lot of your favorite restaurant with the keys to your car or inside, balancing a heavy-laden bus tray full of dirty dishes as they adroitly refill your iced tea glass on their way back to the kitchen. You may find them bent over in a lettuce field under a blistering sun with a rake in their hand, or endangering their limbs with casually-maintained but lethally sharp meat-cutting machinery for fourteen hours or more a day while earning somewhere around three dollars an hour, with no benefits, medical insurance, workman's compensation, or even bathroom breaks.
Most of them say they've never been happier.
"For the first time in my life, I feel needed," says Coalition member Chuck B. Liggett, 70, a former accountant who now works in a chicken-packing plant in Amarillo, Texas. "When the floor boss screams at me for slowing down, I feel a surge of pride because what I do actually matters. Now, I do an honest day's work for my pay, and by the time I collapse on my filthy mattress on the floor of my stinking room at the end of my fifteen-hour shift, I know I really earned that forty dollars!"
Really, why should those goddam illegals take all of the good jobs and get all the fucking breaks? I mean, hello, welcome to the real world, people...

You can read the whole thing over at Alicia's blog. It's well worth it.

Sidebar to Alicia: You go, girlfriend and I hope to see you in DC again this November.

3 Comments:

Alicia Morgan said...

Thanks, Farnsworth! I can't wait to see you in DC! It's become the highlight of my year.

Farnsworth68 said...

Terrific! See you Saturday night (assuming my plane is on time...).
-- The F Man

Anonymous said...

Congress did it. 20 years or so ago I was talking to a old, old time union organizer. I said things were getting better for workers. He that every time the unions started making lives better in the border sates and their wages went up, Congress cut the Border Patrols budget. Then more wets came in and wages and working conditions dropped. Then the people who were fired moved North and worked for less that the workers there. Dropping wages allover the Country. Take a look at the way the newly empowered GOP sold our jobs to Japan. So as to not rase taxes to fight commies in China. The people who did are proud and have written about it.