Tuesday, May 13, 2008

An Administrative Change

A number of readers of this blog have contacted me off-blog to complain about my pet idiot, one "pepsiholic" by name. Up to this point I have refrained from blocking him because, basically, I felt sorry for him.

But when people start telling me that they are reluctant to post any comments to this blog because of the sophistry of pepsiholic's juvenile comments, the way he is so skilled at elevating some minor point to the level of consideration, and the fact that he refuses to engage in an adult-level debate, I have to take them seriously.

And that is why, after much soul-searching, I have instituted a "moderated" feature to this blog's comments. From now on, your posts will have to be approved by me before they will see the light of day.

I didn't want to do this, but given the number of complaints I've received, I feel I have no choice. So go ahead and post your comments; I will try to get to them as soon as possible and approve them for publication.

I regret any inconvenience this may cause you, but it was necessary to facilitate a reasoned discussion among adults.

-- The F Man

10 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Finally! Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Right on! We've had enough of this guy's bullshit.

jae said...

I just stopped reading him because I couldn't take it anymore.

His nonsense would NEVER stop me from posting here.

That said, I do Thank You, OPV.

Farnsworth68 said...

Thanks, guys. He really was getting to be a tiresome and tedious little twerp.
--The F Man

mrln said...

I love this blog, and the exclusion of this person who sheds light on nothing will only enhance the experience. It's important to listen to the other side, but this guy's screeds only represent his own disturbed thinking, and shed light on nothing. Good decision, Farns...

Farnsworth68 said...

Thanks, MRLN. I count you among my most faithful readers.
See you next time I'm in NYC!
--The F Man

jae said...

"See you next time I'm in NYC!"

Hey!!!!! You's two better include me in at least ONE of your NYC BS Sessions....!!!!

Farnsworth68 said...

"You's two..."??? Spoken like a true Jersey Girl, jae.
OF COURSE we wouldn't think of keeping you out. After all, I KNOW what "Jersey Girls" are capable of...
I'm looking at Mid-November. I'll be in DC for the AU conference on November 8-9, and after that I'm free as a bird, as they say.
What about you two?

jae said...

"What about you two?"

I am *so* there.
:O)

mrln said...

Wow, How did I miss out on the NYC plans? Of COURSE I'm in!! I have theater tix for Nov. 22, but other than that, I'm available. Hopefully we'll have something to celebrate...