Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Violation of Patent Rights

I like to play with my cats using a laser pointer. They chase it around the room and generally have almost as much fun as I do -- but inevitably they give up before I do, once they figure out that I'm having a good time...

So how was I supposed to know that every time I do this, I am infringing on someone's actual patented idea.

No wonder patent law reform is such a hot button issue in this country. But for every ridiculously granted patent for a frivolously obvious idea, there are hundreds of legitimate inventors who will suffer if the laws aren't revised in the right way. From the looks of the proposals, the "reform" will benefit the rich and the powerful (e.g. Microsoft), to the detriment of the rest of us.

Yeah, now there's a big surprise.

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

best sitye
http://www.moviespoint.org/