Monday, April 27, 2015

Monday Music Break: FM (No Static At All)

Here's the quintessential jazz-rock band of the 70s and 80s, Steely Dan (which, yes Virginia, was named after a dildo) from the 1978 film FM. It's the title track from the movie, called FM (No Static At All).

Enjoy


A favorite group of mine. I got pretty much all their albums on vinyl, then had to switch to casettes and finally CDs. I am starting to suspect that whole improving-,musical-technology scene was al about selling duplicate copies of albums in the newest and latest formats. Now I have to duplicate them all in .mp3 if I'm going to listen on my iPod. Jeez.

And the beat goes on...

2 Comments:

double nickel said...

Vinyl is coming back, yanno!

Farnsworth68 said...

Yeah, but I'll bet they tout it as a "this is not your father's vinyl" new and improved medium. I think they are doing this to try to avoid the inevitable piracy that happens with digital sound, which maintains its quality even when copied and recopied a million times.
When they finally go back to wax cylinders I'll know that they have gone full circle...