Thursday, August 19, 2010

Sweet Victory

The primary election in Washington State was held on Tuesday of this week, but I had to wait until late yesterday to get the results of the most local of races, that for Precinct Committee Officer.

You may recall that I decided to run for the office this year, only to find that I had competition for a race that is usually a slam-dunk since most candidates run unopposed.

But with some adroit footwork and some campaign schmoozing, I was able to win the race by a 60-40 percent landslide.

Now the real work begins, getting out the Democratic vote for the general election in November. This will be somewhat complicated for me since I will be out of the country the whole month of September.

But thanks to a little idea that I like to call "The Internets", nowhere is truly out of reach these days. Not even France...

2 Comments:

Anthony Pitman said...

I'll sacrifice and go to France for you if you really need to stay here. Congrats on the victory. I know you'll rock the Democratic vote.

jae said...

Congratulations....!!!

Now get out there and set things straight!!!