Sunday, August 15, 2010

Hangin' With the Stars

I did manage to take some time out of my busy politickin' to attend a "listener forum" thrown by KPTK 1090 AM, the Seattle liberal talk radio station.

Here I am with some of the most talented -- and funniest -- liberal talk radio hosts: L to R, Norman Goldman, Thom Hartmann, Randi Rhodes, Mike Malloy, Stephanie Miller, me, and Ron Reagan.

[Note that VIP badge I'm wearing around my neck - Woot!!]

I had already met Randi and Thom on the Air America cruise in 2008, but it was great to see them again, and really terrific to meet the others. And this was pretty much an informal chat session, where they all got to kind of let their hair down, and man-oh-man was that gang funny! They had us rolling in the aisles. Well, actually, rolling on the ice, since it was held in the hockey and ice-show center. Fortunately they had covered up the ice so geezers like me wouldn't slip on it.

Note that Thom Hartmann and Stephanie Miller seem kind of hors de combat, what with the leg cast and the arm sling. I asked them if they got mugged when they got off the plane, but they assured me that it was due to totally separate issues.

Coincidentally, this was the day after Stephanie "came out" on her radio show, and I told her that she had managed in about five seconds to break the hearts of literally millions of men in this country.

She's a good sport, of course, and laughed at the comment. At least I think she was laughing at the comment, and not at me...

Randi made what I thought was one of the pithest and most memorable comments of the evening: "When someone tells you that not all Muslims are terrorists, but all terrorists are Muslims, shoot back that not all White Christians are KKK, but all KKK are White Christians."

3 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Thom Hartmann is always interesting and thought provoking.

Jay in N.C.

Farnsworth68 said...

Thanks, Jay.
He's the smartest voice in talk radio. At one point during the evening, the crowd picked up a "Thom Hartmann for President!" chant.
A lot of jokes were made about the 21 books he's written. Ron Reagan said he was standing next to him at the urinal and in the time it took to pee he wrote another book. "Most guys can barely write their own name in the snow," he said, "but Thom has amazing bladder control"...
--The F Man

Anonymous said...

Regarding Islam is Terrorism surely both sides of the Northern Ireland "Troubles" is the easiest answer.