Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Screw It ... I'm Already on Vacation

Even though we are not leaving for France until next week, it's hot, I'm tired, we have a ton of packing -- and repacking -- to do to get ready...

As much as I'd like to rant and rave about some of the meatier items in the news (Grampaw "I'm not a maverick" McCain running off the rails; the mosque-that-isn't-a-mosque-at-ground-zero-that-isn't-ground-zero , etc. etc. etc.) I'm laying myself off until October.

Since I've already been unemployed for 99 weeks, there won't be any unemployment insurance (aka "rocking chair" aka "welfare queen" aka "lazy-ass-motherfuckers-who-don't-want-to-work ") money coming in...

Instead, since I am going to Paris for ten days (followed by 19 days of fairly aimless driving around France in a tiny rental car) with She-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed, there will undoubtedly be a net outgo of beaucoup bucks from the coffers of The House of Farnsworth...

"Chanel!" she says. "Haut couture!" she purrs. "Haut cuisine," she murmurs, licking her lips lasciviously...

Okay, I think I know that last one: "Hot food". Okay I can handle that. A quick infusion of a burger and fries from the American Grill in Paris. Yeah.

Followed, of course, by a visit to the beach. I already have my chiropractor on retainer to fly to the Riviera and adjust my neck, should I throw it out from excess swiveling...

And, since even the bottom of the caves at Lascaux has Internet access, I won't be that far away in case something tweaks me to the degree that I have to issue a diatribe...

But don't count on it. See you in October.

2 Comments:

jae said...

You'll be missed.

Have a great trip....!

evodevo said...

If you are going to be around Dordogne, be sure to check out Beynac, Castelnaud and Saint Cirq Lapopie and the Lot River Valley. They are our favorite places in France.