Thursday, April 15, 2010

Mormon Theology?

Didja ever wonder (jeez, am I really starting to sound like Andy Rooney...?) what Mormon theology was all about? Have you fallen into the trap of thinking -- as the Mormon apologists and propagandists want you to -- that it's all just some kind of vaguely-weird-but-not-really offshoot of "regular" christianity? That they really believe basically the same things as all the other religions in the Judeo-Christian tradition?

Well, guess again. Here's a short video that will get you up to speed on what they really believe, and then you can tell me where it intersects with traditional Xian theology.

BTW, the narrator isn't identified, but I'd swear that's Jack "just-the-facts-ma'am" Webb I'm hearing.

[Update: I had to remove the embedded video since I couldn't figure out a way to keep it from playing automatically. You can still watch it at the link.]

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is like Heavy Metal does religion... Did they feed the poor kids LSD before they had to watch this bullsh@t? I loved the South Park parody of Mormonism, it showed all the holes in Joseph Smith's plot armor, dumb-da-dumb-dumb-dumb... >:) God forbid "Muppet" Mitt Romney becomes the next GOP president, he'll be cramming this tripe down everyone's throat. That would be the one reason I'd vote for a Teabagger or (shudder) Caribou Barbie, just to stop him...

-WageslaveZ-