Monday, December 22, 2008

The Obamas and Blair House

It's traditional for the incoming First Family to be put up prior to the inauguration in the government-owned and government-run Blair House, the official guesthouse for the President of the United States.

Except of course when it comes to incoming president Barack Obama. Nope, it seems that there's no more room at the inn when it comes to those uppity Chicago Negroes coming to town. "So sorry," they were told. "We're all booked up."

As if the White House staff didn't know in advance that the new president would be coming to town prior to the inauguration: "Nope, came as a complete surprise to us. Never saw that comin'. Nope nope nope. Oh, look! Is that Haley's Comet???"

My good friend Debby, a strong Democratic Party activist and an Obama delegate to the national convention in Denver, built up a strong head of outrage-steam when she heard of this on the always-valuable Crooks and Liars website, so she called the White House switchboard.

I'll let Debby take over now. Here's her report, which she also posted on the story:

I read through many of the comments and found one by Pericles on 12/13 that lists the dates that other president elects have moved into Blair House. I then posted a comment after calling the White House comment line.
Here is my comment: After reading Pericles' post (12/13) on dates other presidents have occupied the White House, I called the White House comment line 202-456-1111 and waited (forever) to talk to an operator. I told her that as a teacher and a mother that I was outraged that Bush wouldn't allow the Obama family to use the Blair House so the girls could start school Jan. 5th. The operator told me that NO PRESIDENT ELECT had EVER used the Blair House prior to the inauguration. I informed her of the Jan. 1st occupancy date of Reagan, Carter and Clinton and she told me that wasn't true. I said I thought she was incorrect but regardless, it would be the decent thing for a president, who is supposed to be so concerned with education, to not 'leave a kid behind' on the first day of school. The operator then had the audacity to tell me that 'there are plenty of Senators who live in the DC area who could let the Obama family stay with them.' She's suggesting that the Obama family camp out in the guest room of a US Senator for 15 days. I then told her that I had looked at a history of the White House and learned that it has 11 bedrooms, and suggested that the 'guests' who are currently booked into Blair House for Jan. 5 - 20 instead stay with Bush instead.
She said that wasn't an option. I asked her who the guests were: Saudi princes? bin Laden cousins? She started saying 'No', 'No' and talking over me but when I got to 'members of the Bush crime family', she hung up on me.
I guess the truth hurts.
Debby Girl, that's just CRAZY TALK! And don't forget that Baby Doc and the Bush Crime Family still have a little less than a month to ship you off to the tropics for a clandestine filming of Debby Does Gitmo.

Neverthess, kudos to Debby for standing up to the BFEE. You go, girlfriend!

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

TYPICAL OF THE CHENEY/BUSH CRIMINAL ENTERPRISE, JUST TYPICAL. GOOD RIDDANCE TO BAD RUBBISH. THEY WILL NOT BE MISSED.

CHENEY/BUSH/ROVE/ADDINGTON/YU/RUMSFELD/
GONZALEZ/DELAY...etc. SHOULD BE TRIED FOR TREASON IN TIME OF WAR, WAR CRIMES, TORTURE, FISA VIOLATIONS, CORRUPTION, CHARGED UNDER "RICO" FOR RUNNING A CRIMINAL ENTERPRISE, MONEY LAUNDERING THROUGH NO-BID CONTRACTS AND CAMPAIGN CONTRIBUTIONS AND ANYTHING ELSE THEY MIGHT HAVE DONE THAT WAS ILLEGAL. WHEN CONVICTED THEY SHOULD BE SENTENCED TO LIFE WITHOUT THE POSSIBILITY OF PAROLE. THEY SHOULD ONLY BE LET OUT TO GO CLEAN BED PANS AT NMC BETHESDA AND WALTER REED.

SEMPER FI!

HMC LAVADOG