Wednesday, November 14, 2007

I'm Back!

I'm finally back and more or less recovered from cross-time-zone jet lag. I had absolutely the best time at the Americans United for Separation of State yearly meeting.

It was pretty amazing to see a cross-section of America represented, both geographically and ideologically. And it was especially gratifying to see such a wide range of individuals -- from arrant atheists on one side all the way to ordained ministers and Orthodox rabbis on the other -- come together for one single purpose: To preserve the wall of separation between religion and government.

I also got a chance to meet up with many of my fellow bloggers and put faces with the names of blogs I have regularly checked out. We all got together one night after the general session to hear Barry Lynn himself speak. There were a number of bloggers at the conference, but I do want to mention especially those whom I met up with in the hotel bar the night before the conference: Blue Gal, Yikes! and PoliTits, along with Phil Plait of Bad Astronomy and PZ Myers of Pharyngula. You guys rock!

I also want to encourage everyone who is concerned about the rise of the American Taliban -- the Religious Right (which is, of course, neither) -- and wants to help prevent the conversion of our constitutional government to an Xian Theocracy to join Americans United. You can join for as little as $25 per year, and it's one of the very best places to put your money.

BTW, Xmas is coming up, and guest memberships to AU would make an ideal gift for friends and family.

2 Comments:

Granny said...

Welcome back. I'm on their email list but haven't officially joined. Maybe I'll save up my pennies and do that.

BAC said...

It was GREAT seeing you again! Glad you made it home safe and sound.


BAC