Saturday, September 10, 2005

Where is the NRA?

The government is confiscating all guns from the residents of New Orleans who are still there -- even legally registered one -- except for those carried by the private Blackwater Security Company who are on the scene with M16s and other assault weapons to protect the houses and possessions of the wealthy -- and mostly white -- residents of the city.

The NRA remains strangely silent about this gun grab.

What is going on here? I thought the NRA was the last bulwark of freedom guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment. Why are they not storming the palace and hurling accusations of fascism at the government for taking this patently unconstitutional action?

Could it be that the short answer here is the obvious one? The NRA is all for gun ownership, as long as the people owning the guns are the "right kind" of people?

Is that it? I'd like Mr. LaPierre of the NRA to speak to this issue, and while he's at it, tell us how many persons of color are members of his fine organization.

Yeah, that's what I thought. I wish I belonged to the NRA, just so I could resign in protest. But I don't need to belong to a parafascist organization to protect my own gun rights. I can do that just fine on my own, thank you.

And it is obvious that they don't care about the Constitution and the 2nd Amendment. Not really. All they care about is the power that their sheeplike whitebread membership gives them to support the Republican Party and campaign against those gun-grabbing Democrats. So why aren't they up in arms over this? Could it be that they recognize that is their own Republican party in the guise of FEMA who is behind the disarming of the American public in New Orleans.

But that's apparently okay, since I'm betting the last thing the NRA wants is a bunch of black people with guns.

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG!
I wonder where they gonna send you now they don't have to send you to getmo? Do you think they will contract out to Thiland? I guess if they can throw you in jail for life without having commited a crime they can contract out the prison work.

All free thinking people will be rounded up and shipped to 3rd world prisons for the rest of their very short lives!

Hi Ho Hi ho...
on my way to getmo.

Well at leas I will know to run for the hills when they shut your blog down, you however it will be to late for!