The Republican-controlled Congress shows no signs of letting up for the next two years. It will be next to impossible for the President to get his legislative agenda through .
Since the Republicans are acting like a rowdy bunch of stinky two-year-olds, treat them like two-year-olds and do a little of the old "reverse psychology" on them.
Everybody knows how this works:
- Say that Global Climate Change (aka "Global Warming") is a fraud and a hoax, and there's no reason to do anything about it.
- Say that you want to repeal the Affordable Care Act (aka "Obamacare") immediately.
- Say that you will imprison and mass deport each and every "illegal alien" in this country.
- Say that you are in favor of the Keystone XL pipeline.
- Say that you want to reduce Social Security benefits and eliminate the "socialist" programs Medicare and Unemployment Insurance.
- Say that you want to eliminate the minimum wage and under no circumstances increase it to anything approaching a livable wage.
- etc. etc. etc.
Then Obama pulls the "old switcheroo" and signs them.