Wednesday, November 12, 2014

I'm Still Alive!

In the words of Mark Twain, "The reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated." After posting I Didn't Mean to Leave You All Hanging, what's the first thing I do? Leave you all hanging.

I guess I didn't realize that it's now been a year and half. I still have the eye problem, and after getting a second opinion, and a third opinion, the consensus is that it's basically incurable and I'll just have to get used to it.

Which I have done, more or less. It's marginally better than it was, and I've adapted to it somewhat. It's meant things like moving my chair close to the television, getting a brighter light to read by, and monkeying around with the font and brightness settings on my Nook. And I am hesitant to drive at night, but I guess that's normal at my age.

I also had some "minor" surgery this fall, the recovery from which has been anything but minor. Add all this to the normal aches and pains that are attendant to someone of my advanced years and it was easier to laze back and retire.

But now that the Republicans have seized control of the Congress, I ought to have plenty to rail at. After the hectic frenzy of the holidays, I ought to be back in the saddle again after the first of the year. I'm sure they will provide me with more than ample fodder.

Thank you all for being concerned about me.

--The F Man

7 Comments:

Farnsworth68 said...

So...tell us how you really feel...

Nan said...

Welcome back.

Anonymous with the anti-American women rant has been popping up in a lot of comments sections lately. The poor sap must have really gotten burned when his wife left him.

Either that, or he owns Cherry Blossoms.

the yellow fringe said...

Hey OPOV, glad your still kicking. I'll be glad when you start writing regularly again.

Anthony Pitman said...

Glad to see you back. Checked your site often during your absence and hoped you were getting along well.

double nickel said...

Good to see you are still alive!

double nickel said...

I imagined something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9mIYrH4bQE

Farnsworth68 said...

That's hilarious. I can see why you would think that. Here is the clickable link