Thursday, February 16, 2012

Now I Understand...

... why celebrities eschew faux awards on the Internets. It's all a fraud, a beauty contest, and no one knows who is doing the actual "voting" -- or if there really is actual "voting"...

Otherwise how do you explain the absence of me, "your humble narrator"*, from the American Humanist Association list of the Top Ten Sexiest Male Celebrity Atheists...

Brad Pitt? Okay. Antonio Banderas? Okay. Johnny Depp? Well, yeah, okay...

Hmmm, on further review, I am kind of vaguely aware that I am now officially in my dotage, and I am at the age where I do have to make a decision which can have long term -- indeed, lifelong (such as it is) -- consequences: Am I a geezer, a codger, or a coot?

Jeez, it's so hard to make a choice!

But I digress... Or I think I do... Or something...

Oh, and to ensure that I and the American Humanist Association are not seen as "sexist", here is a list of the Top Ten Female Celebrity Atheists

[* Literary and/or film buffs will recognize this as one of the catch-phrases of Alex of Anthony Burgess' A Clockwork Orange. Read the book if you haven't seen the film; see the film if you haven't read the book.]

2 Comments:

Lisa said...

A "cool codger"?

charliebickle69 said...

Your question...geezer, codger or a coot?

My advise...The people who grow old are the ones who "act their age". Geezers. codgers and coots didn't have Vitamin "V"! Refuse to grow old until they turn out the lights and through dirt in your face.