Thursday, January 25, 2007

Clueless. As Usual.

One of the more idiotic proposals to come out of the State of the Union was Baby Doc's suggestion to give people a $15,000 tax break for health insurance.

In addition to all of the other problems with this stupidity, the major one is that more than half of the uninsured in this country, even those who are working, are so poor that they already owe no taxes. Some big benefit that's going to be for them.

This is another example of building the pie higher. Not only is he totally clueless, he thinks we are as well.

3 Comments:

JBlue said...

He's definitely clueless.

C-dell said...

Pres. Bush basically calls himself dictator of the U.S. and then wants us to understand. He thinks wee are pretty stupid

Anonymous said...

I am thinking Congress will not save us from him.

Has our entire political system failed us?

Has the poverty level for having to pay taxes increased every year?

And to be honest who spends $15,000 a year on medical treatment? I could not have a house and food if I spent 15,000 a year on medical.

Under the current system of taxes you get a break for $15,000 if you make $150,000 or less.

So if I make $35,000 a year and I spend $15,000 a year I will have $20,000 a year left. $12,000 a year for my house payment leaves me $8,000 a year to pay bills (car payment?) and save money for my kids collage fund? And at the end of it all I will have a -$10,000 take debt and I will get $2,000 return provided I haven't starved to death by then!

Somebody help us!