Thursday, March 24, 2011

Oh, the Irony!

You all know that I just launched my Internets business, Privacy Guaranteed Data Recovery, so it was ironic to the max that yesterday morning I woke up to...you guessed it...a fried hard drive.

But, fortunately for all involved, I was able to go buy a new hard drive, install it into The Beast (what I call my circa 2006 desktop) AND successfully recover ALL of my data from the dead drive.

In the long run, it was a good thing that it happened, since I needed the refresher course, and there were a few things that I had somehow forgotten over the few years since I retired, but in the end I was able to recover all of my email, all of my passwords, all of my browser settings, and all of my personalization of Word.

Now I am refreshed, as is The Beast, and all is right with the world.

Ahhh. It's time to tipple a few micro-brewskis and kick back.

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

i have read the new very larg hard drives must use smaller parts and fail more. i know of people who put everything on one new drive and lost it. back up the backup? d4d