Monday, August 03, 2009

Okay, I'm Back

The heat wave is more or less history -- for now. It's a reasonable 85 degrees today and we're back to speaking to each other in moderated tones. Let me tell you, though, going through a week plus of temperatures hovering near the triple-digit mark can be very trying on a relationship.

Fortunately one of us (guess who) maintained his sense of humor through the whole thing and, aside from the day when I had to sponge up She-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed from the tile floor in the kitchen and stick her into the fridge until she reconstituted herself, it was pretty bearable.

For me, anyway. But I told her when she came out of the refrigerator not to count on me to do that consistently, because...

Because...

Because I don't do "chick work"...

The bruises have pretty much healed up by now, and the doctor says that I'll eventually be able to walk again, once the full-body cast comes off and I go through some rigorous physical therapy...

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I sent a copy of your post to my husband and sister, with the comment that I thought she was sort of gentle on you.

We live in Las Vegas and think y'all are kind of wimpy. However, we do have air conditioning that runs 24/7 in July and August.

Glad to see you back. Love your blog.

Terry

Farnsworth68 said...

Thanks, Terry.
It's down to 71 degrees today and I actually feel chilly! To the point where I was too cold to drive the Jeep.
Las Vegas, though. I gotta hand it to you. It takes some grit to get through that kind of heat. Of course it doesn't bother me so much, but, since I'm not alone... Well, you know...
--The F Man