Thursday, June 25, 2009

Savana Victorious in 8-1 SCOTUS Decision!

A while back I posted the sorry tale of young Savana Redding, the 13-year-old honor student who was humiliatingly strip searched by school authorities because she was suspected of being the school's number one dealer of ... ibuprofen!

Today the Supremes issued a decision in the case, finding for Savana by an almost unbelievable margin of 8 to 1.

Even "Stripsearch Sammy" Alito voted with the lopsided majority.

The only holdout? Clarence Thomas.

No, I don't know what the fuck is going on in his head, but when it comes down to this kind of lopsidedness -- especially when he is the lone holdout even against his judicial mentor and moral guardian Anthony "Tony Quack-Quack" Scalia, then you have to wonder about his mental health.

This ought to have been a slam-dunk 9-0 decision, but it wasn't. Is there a fund to contribute to that will allow wacked-out judges to get a mental evaluation and treatment? I'm just asking...

Which reminds me of a number of years ago when Oral Roberts was being held hostage by god, who was going to "call him home" if an insufficient number of Oral's posse didn't cough up the cash he needed. Ozzy Osbourne sent him a dollar with the stipulation that he use it only for psychiatric help.

I'd be willing to cough up a similar amount of cash to get poor Clarence the help he so obviously needs.

1 Comment:

mrln said...

When I heard it was an 8-1 decision, I looked at my husband and said, Clarence Thomas. He's just an angry, bitter, mean man.