Monday, July 21, 2008

North to Alaska

I haven't posted for the last week or so because we've suddenly become really busy with a garage sale and the unanticipated -- and stunning -- announcement from my granddaughter that She-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed and I are about to become ... wait for it ... great-grandparents!!!!

It took us by complete surprise. Okay, I knew it was bound to happen eventually -- the Farnsworth clan is nothing if not fecund -- but I didn't think it would happen this soon.

So now we're off to Alaska where we will meet our son's girlfriend -- who is also carrying another grandchild for us (I told you we were a fecund lot).

I'll be back in a couple of weeks, once the shock wears off, and assuming that I don't get eaten by a bear. The boy is taking me on a zipline tour above bear country, so there is some doubt whether I'll survive ("Remember when I wanted to hang out with my friends and I couldn't because you grounded me? Take this, old man!" Snip, drop, eeeeyaaaaa!!!)

In the meantime, you can ponder the large number of names that appear on this list, and wonder why the Democrats can't seem to get into those high numbers...

2 Comments:

mrln said...

Congratulations F man!!! May all your progeny be prodigious, and may they all grow true and blue...
Thanks for the link to the list...check out "Why no list of Democrats" over on the left..if you need another reason to smile...

Enjoy your time with your family..I think Obama has things pretty much under control until you return(and it's driving the Repugs crazy).

Anonymous said...

Been couple weeks dude. hope the damn bears ain't got ya. Best wishes
Anthony Pitman