Friday, July 02, 2010

Okay, It's July 4th Weekend

You know, when I was a kid, Independence Day used to be my favorite holiday.

And then a little Southeast Asia vacation got in the way and all of a sudden shit blowing up in the sky and making big scary noises wasn't so fun any more...

Anyway, we're skipping town to find someplace where the rockets red glare, the bombs bursting in air aren't as Kandahar-y as they are here. Although I don't know where that could be. Maybe the desert in Eastern Washington...

Everybody, have a safe and sane Fourth, and I'll catch you next week....

1 Comment:

Labrys said...

Making no booms here, but my neighbors are exceptionally fond of loud screaming "incoming" type things. Me? I am launching the tiny flying "bees" that are pretty much soundless bits of light in flight....to commemorate my youngest son leaving for Afghanistan today. A bit of light...and into the parental night for me.