Tuesday, December 01, 2009

The "Afghanistanization" of the Afghanistan War

I gotta tell ya, I didn't watch the speech. I was busy doing other stuff, but by now I've seen and read enough to know this:

Vietnamization of the Vietnam War didn't work 40 years ago, and Afghanistanization of the Afghanistan War won't work now.

I hate to see Obama pouring even more military and money into that rathole. But at this point I don't know what else can be done--there's no easy solution now. We've stepped into another lake of quicksand...

I'm still not sorry I voted for him. I can only imagine what Mad Dog McCain might be doing right about now. Assuming that Sarah Palin hadn't already arranged for that little cardiovascular "accident" and she, god forbid, was the president...

I knew all along that our foreign adventures in the Middle East would become "tar babies" and sure enough, here we are.

It's especially galling to learn that Baby Doc Bush reportedly had Osama Bin Laden in his grasp in late 2001 and let him wriggle away.

Remember when the GOOPers were champing at the bit to pillory Bill Clinton on the same exact charge?

I can't believe that there are still people who are willing to stick up for that fucking liar Dubya Bush and his evil meat-puppet-master Darth Cheney. It boggles the mind. It really does.

1 Comment:

Constitutional Insurgent said...

I agree..we've already done everything except for fortified hamlets in Afghanistan, and still cannot stem the tide of desertions from the ANA.

Sadly....the Obama speech was a Bush speech. Rhetoric and platitudes.