Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Obama Derangement Syndrome Watch

Jeez, every day I am reminded of the fact that it's not enough for the wingnuttery to smear the president at every possible turn, but they also have to just make shit up to get their unthinking sheeple to forward any and all emails about him that paint him in any kind of a bad light.

Since I am proudly and publicly a Vietnam veteran, I get a lot of shit by email that really isn't intended for an unabashed liberal/leftwing neo-Anarcho-Syndicalist veteran like me.

Case in point. I just received one of those "viral" emails with this photo, the latest of that whole "Obama won't salute the flag" meme left over from the campaign, this time couched a little differently:


And accompanying the photo was the following missive:
Check out this latest picture from Veterans Day 11/11/09 at the Ceremony in Arlington National Cemetery. I don't know whether the National Anthem is being played, or the Flag is going by, or WHAT, but EVERYBODY in the picture is either saluting or has his hand over the HEART.

All except ONE.
Guess who.
I do not make this stuff up!
Yeah, YOU don't make this stuff up buddy because you lack the requisite number of brain cells to take a shit on a porcelain toilet, but you certainly don't mind passing this bullshit on to others.

Naturally, it ought to go without saying, it ought to be patently obvious to anyone with a working knowledge of how to negotiate to the nearest two-holer, it ought to be a non-starter in any political discussion, that the photo is likely a real one but the description is not.

I mean, come on! Do you really think that the President of the United States is going to do something like this at a public event???!!!

Jesus, people, just try to do the tiniest amount of research on this crap. Snopes is one of my favorite debunker sites, and they've already got the goods on this one: Check it out and be prepared to blast back at that IBIL* of yours when he brings this one up over the candied yams next week.

Context is everything!

[*IBIL = Idiot Brother-In-Law]

8 Comments:

SuLee said...

Don't know if you've ever watch "The View," but if you have you know Elizabeth Hasselback (sp?) is a roaring conservative of the 1st order.

Yesterday on the program even she was lambasting this particular e-mail, asking that people (e.g. fellow conservatives) stop sending her this type of stuff.

Small victory I know, but I'm just saying...

Farnsworth68 said...

Thanks, SL. It might be a small victory, but out of such small victories great battles can be won.
--The F Man

John said...

Some of my friends, who are not fans of President Obama, sent me links to the picture. Thank YOU for giving me a post-event bitch-slap to pass back to them. Gotta love the Snopes!

Farnsworth68 said...

Thanks, John, and welcome home, brother (yo, the rest of you: He's a fellow Vietnam vet).
I was glad to do it. I view myself as a provider of public service on the behalf of the Reality-Based Community.
--The F Man

Anonymous said...

Just look at the summer uniforms and the spring flowers. That's Memorial Day at Arlington and all salute during "Ruffles and Flourishes" as the commander in chief arrives. Obviously the CinC does not salute his own honors!

Farnsworth68 said...

Anon, I'm sure you have a point. It's just not sure whether anyone knows what it is...

jae said...

I got this dumbass email too.

Thing was, I was in a *mood* that day and I had HAD it with the whole g-d & country shit....so because I don't burn bridges and plus I was off-point and I was aware of that, I didn't send the response I composed...but I figured you would get a laugh out of it anyway.

Here Tis:

'you people are batshit.


I am atheist. Does that mean I am not 'worthy' of any more emails from the Wacked Out Religious Right Wing Nut Balls? I sure as shit hope so.

THERE IS NO GOD. Take that and chew on it for a while.

I don't 'pray' - which I think of as 'talking to yourself'
I don't 'go to church' - which I think of as the biggest scam going,
There is no 'big white bearded guy in the sky' that is running this mess.
There is no 'afterlife'....when you are dead you are dead, that's it.

Wake up MORONS. Get over yourselves. Give up your ridiculous fairy tales.

If you all weren't such a bunch of clueless fucks the world would be such a better place.'

Yeah, I definitely should have fixed myself some PMS tea that day.....

Farnsworth68 said...

Thanks, jae. Now why don't you tell us how you really feel...
--The F Man