Monday, February 16, 2009

I Think I'll Live...

...but those "toxic grandchildren" who gave me this goddam cold are out of the will!

At least the worst is over now, thanks to regular cocktails of Airborne fizzies, Full Sail Ales, hot buttered rums, nostril blasts of 4-Way, periodic boosters of acetominophen w/codeine and a nightly dose of Lorazepam. While I can't recommend this particular regimen to everyone, it worked for me -- at least what I can remember of it...

Anyway, I'm back now and ready to go, more or less.

And the first order of business is to refer everyone over to Len Hart at The Existentialist Cowboy, for his spot-on summary of what we're up against with the church-state crowd, Religion Under a 'False Flag':

During the Bush regime, a GOP constituency of religious fanatics, fundamentalists, and deniers of science mounted a full-court press against the principles of Democracy and the enlightenment. They put forward a dark age agenda: 'Intelligent Design', a stealth religious ideology cooked up by right wing focus groups --not scientists. It is religion under a false flag.
There's a lot more. This should be required reading for high school students, teachers, school board members, taxpayers -- everyone.

And be sure to watch the videos. I don't know how he finds the time.

0 Comments: