Monday, May 25, 2015

In Memorium on Memorial Day

In memorium on this Memorial Day, I raise a salute to the men and boys from Cowlitz County, Washington, who lost their lives during the War in Vietnam.

You can read all 27 names here, especially the ones who were friends of mine from junior high and high school: Bill Wagner, Dale Kruse, Claude Weiderman and Dennis Silvesan, and Lynley Rash who was the younger brother of a good friend of mine. Also Dave Aasen, Greg Curtis, Dick Gilcher and Mike Ray, who were friends of friends of mine and whom I knew slightly.

R.I.P Guys. You did your duty. Now stand down and rest. We will never forget you.

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your stuffl.
I am sorry for the loss of your friends. Luckily, and I don't know how, no one I care for was really affected by the war in Viet Nam.
It's a funny world.
Jenny

Farnsworth68 said...

Thank you, Jenny. I've been comment-free for so long I was wondering if anyone was still reading it.
--The F Man