Friday, November 05, 2010

A Fucking Outrage: An Open Letter to Phil Griffin

MSNBC announced today that Keith Olbermann has been suspended from the network for, get this, making three contributions to Democratic candidates. Never mind that Joe Scarborough on the same network made contributions to Republicans, never mind that the network's parent company, GE, made over $2 million in contributions to Republicans, never mind that ... well, I could go on, but fuck that. Read the story and you'll know the facts.

Here's the text of the email that I sent to Phil Griffin (phil.griffin@nbcuni.com), the head of MSNBC News:

Dear Mr. Griffin:
Your actions in suspending Keith Olbermann for political contributions are reprehensible and without precedent. By your curious double standard, it's perfectly okay for Joe Scarborough to have made contributions to Republican candidates but not for Keith Olbermann to make contributions to Democratic candidates.
Curious and disturbing.
As of this moment onward I will no longer watch MSNBC until Keith Olbermann is reinstated.
Period.
Have you no shame, sir? At long last have you no sense of shame?
I urge everyone to do the same. And someone needs to publish a list of MSNBC advertisers so we can send letters to them as well.

This is a fucking outrage, and it shall not stand.

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Your letter is so very nice and well worded. Mine was not. I was nasty an swore like a sailor. My blog post tomorrow is likely no better. (Can't blog today..it is "list" day.)

Such bullshit. Sacrifice to the newly elected GOP or what?

Anonymous said...

It was Keith that brought me to MSNBC so long ago, and I eventually began watching Chris, Ed, Lawrence, and Rachel, too.
That ended yesterday. I will no longer watch MSNBC at any time, and plan to cancel my Comcast bundle as well unless you BRING KEITH BACK. Hundreds of thousands of us will do the same thing, plus boycotting all your advertisers.